- What to Expect
- How to Complete a Study Unit
- Completing the Stage Tests
- Completing the End-of-Course and Practice Tests
- Completing the Course
What to Expect in a Study Unit
- Each Online Ground School study unit is divided into three sections:
- Study Guides (Knowledge Transfer Outlines)
- Multiple-Choice Study Questions
- Final Quiz
- To assist you in your studies, there are additional elements to help you solidify your knowledge and prepare your for your FAA exam:
- Stage Tests
- End-of-Course Test
- Practice Tests
- After each quiz/test, you will be provided with an opportunity to review the questions that you answered incorrectly in the form of a Review Session. You must answer each question in the Review Session correctly before you can move on to the next question.
- Your scores on the study quiz and final test will be averaged together to determine your final score for each study unit.
How to Complete a Study Unit
To complete a study unit you must:
- Review the study guides. These knowledge transfer outlines are broken down into sections called “subunits” to make studying easier. We make the outlines available to download as PDFs so you can study from them and save as a reference. When you have finished studying the outlines, you will be ready to answer the study questions.
- Answer all of the thought-provoking multiple-choice study questions. You must answer all questions in order to continue. After selecting your answer choice, you will receive immediate feedback explaining why your answer was either correct or incorrect. Your grade on the study quiz is based on the first answer you select for each question.
- Review the questions you missed. After completing the study quiz, you will be prompted to review the questions you missed. Analyze the answer explanations to understand why you missed the questions you did.
- Pass the multiple-choice final quiz. You will be given a quiz based on the material you covered in the study guides and study questions from the study unit. You may move back and forth between questions and change your answers until you are ready to grade the quiz. When you have answered each of the multiple-choice questions to your satisfaction, you quiz can be submitted for immediate grading.
- Review the questions you missed. After completing the quiz, you will be given a review session for the questions you missed. Analyze and understand why you missed the questions you did.
Note: It may take a few moments for your grade to be delivered. Do not click the Grade button more than once. Also, do not hit the back button on your browser to try to return to the quiz after it has been graded. Please email us through our Online Support Form if you have problems.
Completing the Stage Tests
- After every 4-6 study units, a Stage Test will be given.
- The Stage Test will be made up of questions from each of the preceding study units.
- You will be required to pass the Stage Test before moving on to the next study unit.
Completing the End-of-Course and Practice Tests
- After you have completed all study units and Stage Tests, you will need to pass a cumulative End-of-Course test.
- After completing the End of Course test, up to five Practice Tests may be completed. These tests are designed to prepare you for the FAA knowledge exam.
- You will have two chances to pass the End-of-Course test and each of the Practice Tests. If you fail multiple attempts, you may be be locked out of the course and will need to contact Gleim Aviation to explain the situation. You will receive additional study tips prior to continuing the course.
How to Complete the Course
- Complete all study units of the Gleim Online Ground School in your chosen certificate.
- Complete all Stage Tests.
- Complete the End-of-Course test.
- Complete at least two Practice tests.
- Print out the Graduation Certificate. This certificate includes the FAA Knowledge Test endorsement (sign-off), if applicable to the certificate or rating you are studying for.