The Gleim Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC) is an FAA-approved online course (the first of its kind) that enables flight instructors to renew their CFI certificates online as prescribed by 14 CFR Sec. 61.197. The Gleim FIRC includes new material and resources for CFIs to enhance their instruction while training safer pilots.
Gleim helps train the world’s best pilots! Thousands of professional instructors renew with Gleim every time. This course has been evaluated and approved by the Federal Aviation Administration as meeting all of the requirements for Flight Instructor Renewal.
Instructors must complete 16 study units to complete the course. Each study unit consists of 10 true/false pretest study questions; a detailed and illustrated knowledge transfer outline; and a 5 question multiple-choice test. This performance-based course allows you to study at your own pace and on a schedule convenient to you–no travel required. You can even save the Gleim knowledge transfer outlines PDFs to reference later.
With the Mail-in Airmen Certification Renewal Service (included in this set), processing your renewal is easy and convenient. Gleim completes the process with the FAA on your behalf and you’ll typically receive your temporary certificate within 7-10 business days of Gleim receiving your documents.
What does the FIRC entail?
- 13 Essential study units. Review the core essential material as provided via FAA guidelines.
- 9 Elective study units. Further customize your course by choosing any three (3) elective units to learn more about the topics that interest you.
- Engaging user interface. All new dashboard makes it easy to navigate the course, track your progress, and renew your certificate.
- Continuously updated material to help you stay current and promote aviation safety. Know exactly what is new or what has changed in aviation and flight training.
- ACR Checklist. Know which tasks you need to complete for paperless or mail-in certificate renewal.
- Access additional free resources. Review more than 140 educational, training, and support documents at any time.
- Free TSA training. Meet the initial or annual recurrent FSSA training requirements for instructors and flight school employees.
The Airmen Certification Renewal (ACR) Service, makes processing all required documents easy and convenient, saving you a trip to the FSDO. With flexible renewal options, you choose your renewal method and Gleim handles the rest. We issue a temporary certificate directly to you! This set includes the mail-in certificate renewal service.
- Customize your course with electives. Learn the material you want to learn while becoming a more effective instructor.
- Convenient online format allows you to study where and when you want–no need to travel.
- Need support? Our team of experienced instructors is ready to help!
- Structured, interactive format keeps you involved and learning.
- Most-trusted and flexible online CFI renewal available.
Make sure that your computer meets our minimum system requirements. This program WILL work on mobile devices, including the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and Android.Internet connection required.
Not ready to buy just yet? Try it NOW for FREE!
Note: Course access expires after 24 months or 90 days after course completion, whichever comes first. Access to the FSSA (TSA) study unit, course resources, and graduation certificates does not expire.