The Gleim Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC) is an FAA-approved online course (the first of its kind) that enables flight instructors to renew their CFI certificates as prescribed by 14 CFR Sec. 61.197.
Each of the study units in the course consists of true/false study questions; a detailed, illustrated knowledge transfer outline; and a final multiple-choice test. This performance-based course allows you to study at your own pace and on a schedule convenient to you–no travel required.
With the Paperless Airmen Certification Renewal Service (included in this set), processing your renewal is easy and convenient. The process is completed entirely online; you receive your temporary certificate electronically!
This course has been evaluated and approved by the Federal Aviation Administration as meeting all the requirements for Flight Instructor Renewal. Please see our Letter of Approval for details.
For additional information on this course, please visit the Gleim FIRC Informational page.
- Customize your course with electives. Learn the material you want to learn while becoming a more effective instructor.
- Convenient online format allows you to study where and when you want – no need to travel.
- Need support? Our team of experienced instructors is ready to help!
- Structured, interactive format keeps you involved and learning.
- Most-trusted and flexible online CFI renewal available.
Make sure that your computer meets our minimum system requirements. This program WILL work on mobile devices, including the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Windows Phone 6 & 7, Blackberry, etc. Internet connection required.
Not ready to buy just yet? Try it NOW for FREE!
Note: Course access expires after 24 months or 90 days after course completion, whichever comes first. Access to the FSSA (TSA) study unit, course resources, and graduation certificates does not expire.