The Gleim Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC) is an FAA-approved online course (the first of its kind) that enables flight instructors to renew their CFI certificates online as prescribed by 14 CFR Sec. 61.197. The Gleim FIRC includes new material and resources for CFIs to enhance their instruction while training safer pilots.
Gleim helps train the world’s best pilots! Thousands of professional instructors renew with Gleim every time. This course has been evaluated and approved by the Federal Aviation Administration as meeting all of the requirements for Flight Instructor Renewal.
Instructors must complete 16 study units to complete the course. Each study unit consists of 10 true/false pretest study questions; a detailed and illustrated knowledge transfer outline; and a 5 question multiple-choice test. This performance-based course allows you to study at your own pace and on a schedule convenient to you–no travel required. You can even save the Gleim knowledge transfer outlines PDFs to reference later.
With the Paperless Airmen Certification Renewal Service (included in this set), processing your renewal is easy and convenient. The process is completed entirely online; you receive your temporary certificate electronically!
- 13 Essential study units. Learn the core material per FAA guidelines.
- 8 Elective study units to customize your course. Choose at least any 3 electives to study the topics you want to learn more about.
- New user interface. All new dashboard makes it easy to navigate the course, track your progress, and renew your certificate.
- New materials to help you stay current and create safer pilots. Know exactly what is new or what has changed in aviation and flight training.
- New ACR minder. Know which tasks you need to complete for paperless or mail-in certificate renewal.
- Free course resources. Access more than 70 training and support materials anytime—everything from ACs to WAAS facts!
- Free TSA training. Meet the initial or annual recurrent FSSA training requirements for instructors and flight school employees.
The Airmen Certification Renewal (ACR) Service, makes processing all required documents easy and convenient, saving you a trip to the FSDO. With flexible renewal options, you choose your renewal method and Gleim handles the rest. We issue a temporary certificate directly to you! This set includes the paperless certificate renewal service.
- Customize your course with electives. Learn the material you want to learn while becoming a more effective instructor.
- Convenient online format allows you to study where and when you want–no need to travel.
- Need support? Our team of experienced instructors is ready to help!
- Structured, interactive format keeps you involved and learning.
- Most-trusted and flexible online CFI renewal available.
Make sure that your computer meets our minimum system requirements. This program WILL work on mobile devices, including the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Windows Phone 6 & 7, Blackberry, etc. Internet connection required.
Not ready to buy just yet? Try it NOW for FREE!
Note: Course access expires after 24 months or 90 days after course completion, whichever comes first. Access to the FSSA (TSA) study unit, course resources, and graduation certificates does not expire.