The Gleim Online Ground School - Sport Pilot is a self-directed study course designed to prepare you to pass the FAA knowledge tests. You can use this course to study at your own pace. The course uses our sophisticated Knowledge Transfer Systems to ensure that you master all of the information you will need to be a competent, safe pilot and to pass your knowledge test with confidence.
The Online Ground School contents are aligned with the Gleim Sport Pilot Knowledge Test Book.
Test Center Authorization
Once you complete all course requirements, you will be provided with a knowledge test endorsement that will allow you to take the knowledge test at the testing center of your choice.
- Federal Aviation Regulations - FAR Parts 1- 71
- Federal Aviation Regulations - FAR Parts 91.3 - 91.131
- Federal Aviation Regulations - FAR Parts 91.155 - 91.417 & NTSB Part 830
- Aeromedical Factors and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)
- Aviation Weather
- Weather Services
- Sectional Charts and Airspace
- Navigation and Preflight Preparation
- Airplanes and Aerodynamics
- Airplane Instruments
- Airplane Engines & Systems
- Airplane Performance Weight and Balance
Make sure that your computer meets all the System Requirements: Minimum System Requirements for online courses.
Test Prep Online is compatible on all operating systems and mobile devices or tablets with an Internet connection.
About the Course
- Average Length of Course: 35 Hours
- Audiovisual presentations for each study unit
- Emulate the actual exam at the major testing centers
- Sign-off to test - no instructor needed!
- WINGS credit
This policy applies only to products that are purchased directly from Gleim Publications, Inc.
Duration: 12 Months
Access to the Online Ground School Course will expire 12 months from the date of purchase. If you have not completed the course and you need access after the expiration date, you may purchase a 12 month extension at half the current purchase price. You will have 30 days to purchase an extension.
We regularly communicate with the FAA and continuously monitor its website for changes to the FAA's knowledge tests. While the FAA no longer releases the complete database of knowledge test questions, sample questions are released on a quarterly basis and incorporated into our material as appropriate.
Whenever changes are made, they will be automatically incorporated into the course with no input or additional work needed on your end. Thus, you can be confident that this course contains everything you will need to pass your knowledge test with ease.