The Gleim RVSM Training Course is designed to help you become an expert on operations in Reduced Vertical Separation Minimums airspace (above FL 290). The course addresses the FAA requirements for RVSM pilot training while also providing practical examples and advice on safe operating practices. The course content is divided into short, easy-to-complete study units that will make the most of your training time. Operations in RVSM airspace are a must for high-speed, high-performance aircraft. Upon completing this course, you will receive a graduation certificate to meet the FAA knowledge training requirements for operations in RVSM* airspace, while also enhancing your knowledge and safety mindset.
*Operation in RVSM airspace is subject to aircrew, operator, and/or equipment requirements, which vary depending on the type of flight operation.
- RVSM Overview
- Aspects of Flight in RVSM Airspace
- RVSM Regulations and Sources of Information
- Aircraft Monitoring
- Registration on RVSM Approvals Databases
- Flight Planning
- Preflight Procedures
- In-Flight Procedures Prior to RVSM Airspace Entry
- In-Flight Procedures
- Contingency Situations and Procedures in Domestic RVSM Airspace
- Oceanic Procedures
- Pilot-Controller Phraseology
- Post-Flight Procedures
- Altitude-Keeping Errors
About the Course
- Fourteen specific study units explain all RVSM guidance and procedures.
- Complete the course in little more than three hours.
- Quick-reference study outlines help cement your knowledge of the course content.
Complete the course to earn FAA WINGS credit.
FAA Training Requirements
What is RVSM?
What is Required to Operate in RVSM Airspace?
What FAA pilot training requirements exist for RVSM operations?
- Structured, interactive, self-study review and certificate program delivered online via the Internet
You can complete this course at your own pace anytime during the one-year period you have access to it. The course uses the Gleim proven Knowledge Transfer System methods to help you learn, understand, and remember the information presented.
- Takes about 3 hours to complete
Each of the 14 study units should take about 15 minutes to complete.
- Challenges you, but provides you with the knowledge to pass
Our intuitively appealing outline material gives you all the information you need in a well-organized format, so you can focus your study on the areas you need to review the most. You can then confidently pass each study unit's multiple-choice quiz with ease.
- Inexpensive and user friendly
Because this course is delivered via the Internet, you save a considerable amount of money when compared to similar products offered by other providers. For those who are less familiar with computers, we have a trained, friendly support staff you can contact for help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 874-5346 for assistance.
Duration: 12 Months
Access to this course will expire 12 months from the date of purchase. If you have not completed the course and you need access after the expiration date, you may purchase a 12 month extension at half the current purchase price. You will have 30 days to purchase an extension.