The Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course lets you practice every flight lesson in the Gleim Private Pilot Syllabus book before experiencing it in a real airplane. With pre-flight briefing videos for every lesson, constant corrective feedback, and a detailed post-flight evaluation tool, you receive personalized flight instruction for a fraction of the cost. This course relies on our proven Knowledge Transfer System to prepare you to become a certificated pilot in less time, for less money, and with less frustration than any other system available!
How does it work?
We then developed our own proprietary software, which integrates with X-Plane. This software is made up of two main components:
- Course Launcher - This is your entry point into the X-Plane Flight Training Course. In addition to being used for loading flight lessons and viewing flight history, the Launcher gives you access to several hours of detailed training videos, produced exclusively for the X-Plane Flight Training Course.
- Flight Profiler - This runs inside X-Plane at all times. To put it simply, the Profiler is like a digital flight instructor. It tells you what to do, monitors you as you are doing it, and gives you feedback on every move you make.
All 27 lessons from our Private Pilot Syllabus have been programmed into the course and can be flown as many times as you want. For best results, we recommend you fly through the entire course at least once before beginning your actual flight training. Then, when you finally get into the real airplane, there will be no surprises and your training will feel like a formality.
An airplane is not always the most efficient classroom - it can be noisy, complicated, overwhelming, and expensive. Modern technology allows for better instructional techniques. The Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course brings the classroom back down to the ground, where it should be. Embrace this course, and you will soon be a safe, competent, and confident pilot.
Learn more about the X-Plane Flight Training Course and watch a demo video here.
- Practice all 27 Private Pilot lessons from the Gleim Private Pilot Syllabus book
- Experience each flight before flying
- Build proficiency and confidence
- Develop safety mindset and practical decision-making skills
- Learn more quickly and economically
- Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course
- Course tutorial videos
- X-Plane tutorial videos
- Pre-flight training videos for each lesson
- Flight profiler and lesson evaluation tool
- Real-time flight instruction and feedback
- Fully interactive, true-flying, digital Cessna 172 aircraft model
- Flight lessons specifically tailored to real-world flight training
We also highly recommend the use of a control yoke and rudder pedals. While X-Plane does allow you to fly using the mouse, it's much more beneficial to your training to use flight controls that are similar to what you will be using in the actual airplane.
Gleim recommends using Logitech peripherals.
X-Plane-10 or 11 Required
X-Plane 10 or 11 flight simulator software by Laminar Research is required to run the X-Plane Flight Training Course. If you do not already have X-Plane, purchase the set including the simulator and our course here.