Has your flight training been disrupted?
Gleim Aviation is here to help! We know how simulation makes flight instruction safer and more efficient.
Gleim Aviation has partnered with Laminar Research to provide:
- An introductory version of the X-Plane Flight Training Course includes access to the first two virtual flight lessons and videos to jump start your training.
- Access to the full version of X-Plane 11 by Laminar Research on a trial basis, functional through June 30, 2020.
Upon checkout (no payment required), you will receive an email with an activation code and download instructions for X-Plane and the Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course.
How does the full course work?
The Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course lets you practice every flight lesson in the Gleim Private Pilot Syllabus before experiencing it in a real airplane. With pre-flight briefing videos, constant corrective feedback, and a detailed post-flight evaluation tool, you receive personalized flight instruction for a fraction of the cost. This course prepares you to become a certificated private pilot in less time, for less money, and with less frustration!
We started with X-Plane, the world's most comprehensive, powerful, and realistic flight simulator for personal computers.
Our proprietary training software integrates with X-Plane and includes two main components:
- Course Launcher - This is your entry point into the X-Plane Flight Training Course. In addition to being used for loading flight lessons and viewing flight history, the Launcher gives you access to several hours of detailed training videos, produced exclusively for the X-Plane Flight Training Course.
- Flight Profiler - This runs inside X-Plane at all times. To put it simply, the Profiler is like a digital flight instructor. It tells you what to do, monitors you as you are doing it, and gives you feedback on every move you make.
All lessons can be flown as many times as you want. For best results, we recommend you fly through the entire course at least once before beginning your actual flight training. Then, when you finally get into the real airplane, there will be no surprises and your training will feel like a formality.
An airplane is not always the most efficient classroom - it's noisy, complicated, overwhelming, and expensive. Modern technology allows for better instructional techniques. The Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course brings the classroom back down to the ground, where it should be. Embrace this course, and you will soon be a safe, competent, and confident pilot.
Learn more about the X-Plane Flight Training Course and watch a demo video here.
Multi-User License Available
The Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course is now available with a multi-user license! If you operate a flight school, academic/collegiate, or STEM aviation program, check our options for use with multiple students and instructors.
- Practice all 27 Private Pilot lessons from the Gleim Private Pilot Syllabus book
- Experience each flight before flying
- Build proficiency and confidence
- Develop safety mindset and practical decision-making skills
- Learn more quickly and economically
- Gleim X-Plane Flight Training Course
- Course tutorial videos
- X-Plane tutorial videos
- Pre-flight training videos for each lesson
- Flight profiler and lesson evaluation tool
- Real-time flight instruction and feedback
- Fully interactive, true-flying, digital Cessna 172 aircraft model
- Flight lessons specifically tailored to real-world flight training
We also highly recommend the use of a control yoke and rudder pedals. While X-Plane does allow you to fly using the mouse, it's much more beneficial to your training to use flight controls that are similar to what you will be using in the actual airplane.