If you're planning on building your own FAA-Approved flight simulator or training device, or if you plan on using your simulator outside your home or to generate revenue, you'll need the X-Plane 11 Professional license. This software has additional features not available in the home version. This software is provided as a digital download. When your order is completed, the license key and download instructions will be emailed to you.
Learn more about the X-Plane 11 software or purchase the home version here.
This software is included with our FAA-Approved Gleim Virtual Cockpit BATD.
You should review the FAA guidelines if you are planning to build your own FAA-approved training device..
Licensed for Commercial Use
Get access to powerful features not available in the home use simulator. License your simulator for unlimited use outside your home, or for generating revenue.
Hardware and frame-rate checks make the simulator eligible for FAA-Certification.
Enable cylindrical and spherical projection (as found in large simulators), and the ability to drive Garmin Real Simulator Units.
Protect your fine-tuned settings and preferences by enabling a password-protected mode that prevents any unauthorized changes.
What makes it "X-Plane for Professional Use"?
- It includes all the features of the home-use version of X-Plane 11 Global.
- It licenses your simulator for commercial use (that is, any use of X-Plane outside of your own personal use in your own personal home.) This license is also required for generating revenue, either directly or indirectly, using X-Plane.
- It provides hardware and frame-rate checks required for FAA certification of the simulator.
- It unlocks features of the simulator not available in X-Plane 11 Global. These include the ability to use cylindrical and spherical projection (as found in large simulators), and the ability to drive Garmin Real Simulator Units.
- Note that you will need one pro-use license per computer if you’re planning a multi-machine simulator.
- X-Plane 11 (the actual flight simulator)
- Plane Maker (to make your own planes and helicopters, if desired)
- Airfoil Maker (to make airfoils for your custom aircraft)
We also highly recommend the use of a control yoke and rudder pedals. While X-Plane does allow you to fly using the mouse, it's much more beneficial to your training to use flight controls that are similar to what you will be using in the actual airplane.
X-Plane 11 requires, at the minimum,
- CPU: Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 CPU with 2 or more cores, or AMD equivalent. (Dual-core CPUs slower than 3 GHz should try the demo before purchasing.)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Video Card: a DirectX 11-capable video card from NVIDIA, AMD or Intel with at least 1 GB VRAM
- Internet connection required for product activation and updates. (Some functions will not work without a connection).
If your system is borderline, we encourage you to try the demo first. The full version of the simulator will perform exactly the same as the demo—neither better nor worse.
However, for the best experience, we recommend the following:
- CPU: 3+ GHz, quad-core or higher
- Memory: 16 GB RAM or more
- Video Card: a DirectX 12-capable video card from NVIDIA, AMD or Intel with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1060 or better or similar from AMD)
More information about supported video cards and operating systems can be found at the X-Plane System Requirements page
High Performance Hardware Required
For the best performance, X-Plane requires a high performance computer system. The Gleim Virtual Cockpit Ultimate Set includes a PC that exceeds the recommended system requirements.