The Gleim Seaplane Add-On Rating Course is an interactive, self-study training program. This course is designed to assist pilots who are preparing to add a seaplane rating to their sport, private or commercial pilot certificates by preparing them to pass their practical exam. It serves as an effective means of learning water flying concepts and procedures before actual flight training begins.
- The Seaplane Add-On Rating
- The Seaplane Environment
- Alterations, Performance, Weight and Balance
- Taxi and Turns
- Take Offs
- Approach and Landing
- Emergency Operations
- Docking and Beaching
- The Seaplane Practical Test
About the Course
- Nine study units explain each testing standards task element as well as general information you need to know
- Oral Exam Guide for the Seaplane Practical Test included
- Addendums for monohull seaplanes and Sport Pilot certification included
Each study unit contains:
- 10 thought-provoking true/false study questions
- 10-15 pages of knowledge transfer study outlines
- A 10-question multiple-choice quiz
- A study unit evaluation
- 30-60 minutes of material per study unit
Complete the course to earn FAA WINGS credit.
Duration: 12 Months
Access to this course will expire 12 months from the date of purchase. If you have not completed the course and you need access after the expiration date, you may purchase a 12 month extension at half the current purchase price. You will have 30 days to purchase an extension.