See the Gleim Virtual Cockpit® BATD components and learn the basics for using the system.
Learn best practices for using and maintaining the Gleim Virtual Cockpit Touchscreen Instrument Panel.
Learn how to use the Gleim Virtual Cockpit®️ BATD Instructor Operating Station, including:
- Aircraft Selection
- Setting Location
- Weather Conditions
- Monitoring the Flight
- Recording the Flight
Learn about the types of flight training and limitations for crediting and logging training time in a basic aviation training device (BATD). The Gleim Virtual Cockpit BATD may be used for private pilot and instrument rating training, and also maintaining instrument currency in accordance with 14 CFR 61.57.
- The database may be updated by purchasing a “Navdata” subscription from Navigraph for about $30/year. This subscription uses data sourced from Jeppesen.
The PC has 2 accounts: “SimLink” has the FAA approved software, and includes the course software with the multi user license. The “PC” account has non approved software and may be set up with the X-Plane Flight Training Course Home Edition. Flight time on the non-approved account does not qualify for training credit.
The FAA issues LOAs for 5 years. The Gleim Virtual Cockpit LOA will expire in December 2025; however, we will plan to renew the LOA in advance to cover the current hardware and software design.
- Most components have a 1 year warranty on parts and workmanship.
- The Honeycomb Yoke and Switch Panel has a 5 year manufacture’s warranty.
- The Logitech Rudder Pedals and Throttle has a 2 year manufacture’s warranty.
For complete details, please contact us.
- The BATD must be set up configured in accordance with the Qualification Approval Guide (QAG). Modifying the BATD would be similar to modifying a certified aircraft and this will also void your warranty.
- The BATD will connect with popular Electronic Flight Bag apps running on mobile devices via a wireless network connection only.
- Navigraph is approved for installation to update the navigation database.
- PilotEdge is also approved for use on the BATD.
When the Gleim Virtual Cockpit is used with the "PC" account in the non-approved mode, 3rd party software may be used. Note, that we do not recommend any 3rd party add-ons and the user must ensure that any add-ons are only used on the non-approved mode. Use of any other 3rd party add-ons (hardware or software) on the "SimLink" account will void your warranty and void the FAA approval.