Learn how to use the Gleim Virtual Cockpit®️ BATD Instructor Operating Station, including:
- Aircraft Selection
- Setting Location
- Weather Conditions
- Monitoring the Flight
- Recording the Flight
- The database may be updated by purchasing a “Navdata” subscription from Navigraph for about $30/year. This subscription uses data sourced from Jeppesen.
The PC has 2 accounts: “SimLink” has the FAA approved software, and includes the course software with the multi user license. The “PC” account has non approved software and may be set up with the X-Plane Flight Training Course Home Edition. Flight time on the non-approved account does not qualify for training credit.
The FAA issues LOAs for 5 years. The Gleim Virtual Cockpit LOA will expire in July 2025; however, we will plan to renew the LOA in advance to cover the current hardware and software design.
- Most components have a 1 year warranty on parts and workmanship.
- The Honeycomb Yoke and Switch Panel has a 5 year manufacture’s warranty.
- The Logitech Rudder Pedals and Throttle has a 2 year manufacture’s warranty.
For complete details, please contact us.
- The BATD must be set up configured in accordance with the Qualification Approval Guide (QAG). Modifying the BATD would be similar to modifying a certified aircraft and this will also void your warranty.
- Note: Navigraph is approved for installation to update the navigation database.
- The BATD will connect with popular Electronic Flight Bag apps running on mobile devices via a wireless network connection only.